There are two ways of applying fertilizers – spread and local (belt).
1. In the case of spreading, the fertilizer is spread evenly over the entire soil surface. This method is suitable for crops with a fused surface such as cereals.
2. In the case of local or strip application, fertilizers shall be applied only to a part of the area near the crop rows. Depending on the technology of growing crops, this method has several varieties:
– Nesting – fertilizers are introduced into the planting hole when planting fruit, vines or sowing watermelons, melons, pumpkins.
– Furrow – fertilizers are imported at a certain width near the rows of crops.
– Lehovo – fertilizers are imported only in the beds of cultivated vegetable or flower crops.
Recently, a third method of fertilizer application is increasingly used, together with irrigation water in drip irrigation systems or so-called fertigation.