– A room / place must be provided at the checkpoint to accommodate sick / injured animals;
– it must be constructed in such a way as to protect the animals from harm
weather conditions, providing adequate ventilation and temperature comfort for
sick / injured animals. If necessary, additional provision should be made
heating / cooling and ventilation;
– the treatment site must provide sufficient space and lighting for the application of animal treatment;
– the floor must not be slippery;
– the place must be provided with an additional amount of bedding;
– the animal (s) must have constant access to food and water;
– the feed must be suitable for the species and condition of the animal;
Upon arrival of sick / injured animals at the rest areas or injury is found during the stay at the point, the owner / manager of the rest area must provide the necessary care and must call a veterinarian.
An animal whose condition does not allow treatment or the veterinarian considers that
the treatment is pointless, should not be removed and removed from the truck, but should be humanely euthanized on the spot.
- Sick / injured animals should be treated appropriately by a veterinarian. The official veterinarian can assess whether the injured animals are fit to continue their journey.
– The point must be provided with the necessary amount of electricity in order to cover the consumption necessary to provide the animals and transporters (heating, cooling, lighting, etc.);
– the point must have a generator or other solution (described in the personnel procedures) in case of power failure in order to be able to maintain
microclimate limits of permissible;
– in the case of a generator, it must be checked periodically for serviceability, the checks being documented and the records kept at the point.
– A sufficient quantity of water must be provided (of the required quality and temperature), both for watering the animals and for cleaning and disinfection. If water from its own water source is used, its quality must be guaranteed by taking a sample of the water at least once a year for testing.
– watering equipment for animals must be periodically inspected for the purpose ensuring its serviceability by checking the inspections and keeping the records at the checkpoint.
– Compound feed should be stored in accordance with the instructions of
– Coarse fodder (hay, straw) is stored under conditions that do not allow the change of their quality characteristics and do not affect their safety.
– compound feedingstuffs for different species and categories of animals should be stored separately, on pallets and with the appropriate labeling.
– the feed storage room must be clearly marked and used only for this purpose;
– in the case of medicated feedingstuffs, they must be stored separately and clearly distinguishable and labeled. They are fed after a prescription issued by an official veterinarian;
– chemicals (eg pesticides, biocides, etc.) and VMPs must not be stored in the feed storage room;
– the feed must not be stored in the room where the animals are housed;
– the feed storage room must be of a size that allows storage of fodder for a minimum of 1 week at maximum load of the point for rest, except in the cases of a concluded contract for supply of fodder with described frequency of delivery;
– an appropriate control program should be applied to the storage of feed rodents;
– feed must be purchased only from registered or approved operators in compliance with the Feed Act in compliance with Art. 33 of the same;
– in cases where the owner of the control post is a primary producer of feed, complies with the provisions of Annex I to Regulation (EC) № 183/2005.
– the feed used must be safe and produced in accordance with the requirements laid down in Regulation (EC) (183/2005.
– no kitchen or other organic waste is used to feed the animals.
– The compound feed is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions;
– expiry date;
– intended for feeding a certain species of animals;
– the quantity is adapted to the species for which it is intended;
– roughage shall be fed at the will of the species concerned suitable.